Monday, March 25, 2013

The Internet Minute

Just a quick post to share this riveting infographic from CNET...




Some things jump out at me...


  • This is an enormous digital footprint that we are leaving.  Do we truly know where our information goes?
  • The potential for a "paperless" society is increasing...I would truly love to see that.
  • We spend a LOT of time doing nothing.  The Internet is now our new past time...instead of things like exercise, playing with out kids, etc... I am guilty of this as I check my email at basketball games.
  • We are never truly out of contact with others.  I remember the day when hoops practice was over and I had to call my mom for a ride...on the pay phone for 10 cents.  Now my kids has an iPhone.
  • The way we get our news information has changed (aka the loss of newspapers in print) but timeliness and relevance have increased dramatically.  The entertainment industry is next.
  • Regardless of their profession, my kids will also be software engineers and app designers. 

What else pops out at you?  Would love to hear ideas...


2 comments:

  1. When will students, teachers and schools embrace this technology in their classroom? or less emphasis on memorization and more on process?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The process is slow, I agree. But consider that we generally behave (teach) as we were taught and only gradually adopt new strategies. We have made significant progress over the last 5 years...imagine the next 5 years as the "tech" generation becomes the new teachers!!!

      Delete