Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Google Wassailing (Tip of the Week)

I received a text from a friend the other day...or rather my wife received a text and I read it on her iphone (avoid giving your unlock code to nosy spouses)...that Shopko had Christmas trees up already.  I can only assume the texter meant the artificial ones inside the store.

I did the classic double take.  Christmas trees?  (add classic texter language here)

Gets me in the mood for wassailing, however.  Wassailing is an age old custom of caroling.  One of the first uses for wassailing was called apple wassailing, or singing to your apple trees so they would grow more fruit...talking to your plants.  I thought I would Google wassail for you in this post...sing to Google to make your knowledge grow. 


Tip of the Week


One of my favorite Google tools is the calendar...as you can tell from my last tip.  If you create an event on one of your calendars using the "Edit Event" entry method.

On the right side of the screen, there is

Add: Guests

You can enter email address of anyone you would like to invite to your event/meeting.  They will receive a notification in their inbox and be able to reply Yes/No/Maybe.  When you click on the event on your calendar, you will be able to view the attendees (yes, no, or maybe).

This is an easy and efficient way to organize events and meetings (e.g. IEPs, staff meetings, etc...) without sending the traditional all-school email or paper notice (did I just say "paper"?).



No comments:

Post a Comment