Thursday, December 13, 2012

Where Did the Smurfs Go?

My kids and I are pretty toon-savvy.  They watch a wide variety of shows on Cartoon Network, Nick, PBS and the myriad of other toon stations out there.

Regular Show is one of those guilty pleasures for me...although perhaps a little too "tweener" for my kids yet.  I think so many of today's cartoons are written so intelligently with subtle humor, contemporary insights and a great sense of where we, as a society, have come from.  They don't rely on the fall-down, push-off-a-cliff humor of cartoons from my youth (Yosemite Sam, Bugs Bunny, Tom and Jerry).  

In fact, I refuse to let my kids watch cartoons with which I grew up.  Too violent.

One of my favorite episodes (which I caught yesterday again) is called "Butt Dial."  Below is a wee snippet.  I particularly love the "guardian council" for today's voicemails.  Entirely nerd humor.






No comments:

Post a Comment