Thursday, January 3, 2013

Spicing Up Your Social Life (Google Tip)

If you are anything like me, your calendar is booked solid.  Finding white space on my work or personal calendars is like finding a needle in a haystack...or better...like finding the fountain of youth.

If you are anything like me, you also guard this white space like it's gold.

Our calendars really section our lives off into meaningful sections providing guidance, purpose and even a little sanity to what could be an otherwise hectic and chaotic life.  I love my Google Calendar.  It is on my phone, iPad, my wife's phone, my kid's iTouchs, etc...

One really interesting feature of Google calendars is the ability to subscribe to "interesting" calendars.  Currently I subscribe to the Packers and Badgers football schedules.





The real power of this option is the ability to create your own (or district) calendars to share.  For example, a district's entire calendar can be imported and shared via Google calendars.  Subscribers receive updates and alerts to upcoming events in real-time.  Districts can update their calendars, add scores, documents, newsletters and subscribers receive them automatically.

Other possibilities:

  • Classroom or Assignment Calendars
  • Activity calendars (student council or clubs)
  • Athletic events
  • More!

No comments:

Post a Comment