Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Multitasking Chrome-Style (Google Tip)

Google Chrome is truly a fully customizable browsing experience.  Besides the security and ease of use, Chrome has so many features that are just downright cool.





The one I use daily is the ability to open multiple tabs on startup.  If you are a heavy user of online tools, this saves time and lots of clicking around.  I understand that this sounds pretty lazy...how long does it really take to click on a new tab and find it?  

I like to look at my computer as my toolbox.  When I DIY at home, I hate realizing I forgot a tool in the garage or can't find that elusive allen wrench or misplaced my flashlight (this one is entirely my kids fault, btw).  Searching for it with patience and grace don't seem to be in my nature.  It's best to start the job with all of your tools available.  Chrome is my work tool.

Every day, I use multiple gmail accounts, this blog, Pinterest, Hangouts.  To have them right at my fingertips, I set up Chrome to open them at start up.

  • Click on Settings
  • Under the "On Startup" settings, click the circle next to: Open a specific page or set of pages
  • Click on "Set Pages"
  • Enter the URL of all the pages you would like to open on Startup

That's it!

Have your "toolbox" work for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment