Friday, April 26, 2013

It's Summer!

Well...at least it feels like it today.


I came across this "essential books" list for kids from Common Sense Media in my daily reading and thought I would share it.  I normally don't like summer reading lists because they are heavy on the "classics" of literature.  I like the classics but they don't inspire me to read when the weather is beautiful.  It's hard to read Dickens at the beach...let along any time.

This list is entirely different and I am quite impressed.

Great books, contemporary and a diverse collection for boys and girls.

I would also recommend giving the Common Sense Media site a perusal.  Over the last three years, the site has really blossomed into a "too-good-to-miss" website.


  • Movie reviews
  • Great lists for everything (Books, apps, movies...)
  • Well done videos for use in class (like this one on Following a Digital Trail)
  • Media-oriented lesson plans with handouts, videos, activities and standards alignment
  • WAY too many resources for me to list here!

I guess this would be MY summer "reading" list.



No comments:

Post a Comment