Monday, October 29, 2012

Boomerang (Google Tip)

If you are anything like me...and I am so sorry if you are...work is really a 24/7 experience.  Great ideas come to me once my kids are in bed sleeping peacefully, dishes are put away, lunches made for the next day,  sports gear stowed and my body (and mind) has time to wind down.

The ballpark is 11pm.

Now...as much as I love to share my brilliant and well-conceived ideas (you're reading this blog, right?), I am not a believer in making everyone 24/7 workers.  Truth be told, people who send emails at midnight or 3am or even 5am about work should really seek therapy...or at least seek a wonderful new trick I found.

Boomerang.

Boomerang is a Google extension that allows you to schedule an email to be sent at a later date and time.  For instance, when I am inspired in the middle of the night with yet another awe-inspiring lesson or idea, I can quickly compose an email, BUT use Boomerang to send it at an appropriate time...say 8am.  If it's a weekend, send it on Monday morning.

This way my wonderful idea is saved and sent but I don't appear to be work-psychotic.  While saved, I can always go back, edit and add to my email.

The Boomerang extension adds a button to your Google Mail composition screen and a folder to your list (left side of screen).





Just a quick tutorial:








No comments:

Post a Comment